29 July 2010

Mein Gott

Upon moving to Switzerland, I immediately fell in love with the architecture.  Instead of tall buildings and skyscrapers, of which I am accustomed to, my eyes were drawn to the stunning cathedrals, churches and chapels that seem to litter every inch of this country.

Church steeples are the tallest structures in most villages, towns, and cities.  And they are everywhere.  I cannot walk more than half a mile without having the pleasure of seeing a beautiful church; many of which were built centuries ago, and suitable to Swiss fashion, many of the church bells ring every 15 minutes.  (The Swiss truly value time)

Being able to look in every direction and see such beauty makes me believe I'm in heaven.

Beautiful Switzerland!
  

 
Bellinzona, Ticino, Switzerland





Solothurn, Switzerland
The old town, which was built in the 16th century, is less than one mile wide, but has 11 churches/ chapels.


11 comments:

Balanced Melting Pot said...

These pictures are beautiful! Doesn't it make USA seem so young in comparison?

Unknown said...

Sure does!

La said...

Nice pictures. Did you take them?

KiKi said...

@Sis
Yes, I took the pics.
The ones of Solothurn were taken a few days ago. It was sunny 10 mins earlier then all hell broke loose. And the weather has been like that ever since.

@BMP
Yes, I thoguht that when I first step foot in Europe years ago

marleneoliver53@yahoo.com said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ryan said...

Beautiful photos of a gorgeous place, In the towns and villages of Scotland 'where I live' you find that the skylines are also dominated by old church steeples.

KiKi said...

@ Ryan.
Although I hv never been to Scotland, I was amazed about the number of churches in Dublin. They are everywhere.

KiKi said...

@ Ryan.
Although I hv never been to Scotland, I was amazed about the number of churches in Dublin. They are everywhere.

Anonymous said...

I think this is beautiful. I'm all about culture and geography. This is from Q. Dunno if I registered right

Unknown said...

nice pictures. I hope i make it there one day.

marleneoliver53@yahoo.com said...

Hey This is Za-V your little cousin, I loved the blogs so much:) Soon as Auntie sends me your URL I will be one of your followers. Love you Cuzzo