Well here's the UPDATE:
- 53% of voters approved the initiative which calls for the immediate deportation of non-Swiss offenders after serving their jail time without appeal.
- This includes those who may have been born and raised in Switzerland, but never obtained citizenship. Unlike the US, people are not granted citizenship just because they are born within Swiss borders.
- Crimes may range from murder to breaking and entry and social security fraud.
- One in five Swiss residents doesn't have Swiss citizenship.
- In 2009, 52 % of crimes were committed by Swiss citizens, 29 per cent were by foreign residents, 4.4 per cent by asylum seekers and 15% by illegal residents.
MUST WATCH Video In ENGLISH
Stories of deportation: two cases of foreigners who grew up in Switzerland
So it has passed. And believe me the Swiss are serious. NO APPEAL! Although, Switzerland is not a part of the EU, the EU and human rights lawyers are pissed.
We'll see what happens.