26 July 2010

Visual Stimulation

One of the reasons why I write a blog is to entice my family and friends to visit me in Switzerland.  So that means, carrying my camera everywhere I go (I figure visual stimulation will do the trick).  The downside is that I look like a tourist. 

Today's visual stimuli is food!!  To be honest, what makes Swiss food quite delicious is that it's fresh.  I don't think there is such a thing as Swiss cuisine.  At least not like French or Italian cuisine.  But the food is good!  Guten Appetit.

We were served coffee at the bank.  It's quite nice.  However, the Swiss do operate at a snail's pace.  A matter that may take 30 mins in the States can take twice as long in Der Schweiz.  So a nice cup of coffee softens the wait.

Next, we decided to grab a bite to eat with friends.  I had the fried fish.  My husband ate ostrich.  Yes, ostrich.  I've had it a few times.  It's quite good. 

Then, of course, our favorite.  We later treated ourselves to ice cream.  This ice cream is homemade and DeLiCious !!

3 comments:

Balanced Melting Pot said...

Holy smokes! All of it looks delicious; especially those platters (and I mean platters) in the middle. Do you find the Swiss to be healthy or do you see a lot of obesity?

KiKi said...

BMP~
The food in Switzerland is very healthy and fresh. I believe most stores get many of the food from local farms (meats, vegetables, etc.) This makes for healthy eating. Plus, the portions are smaller than the US. And the Swiss walk and bicycle ride daily.
Surprisingly, I have seen more overweight ppl than expected. But not many obese. I don't usually see any overweight children.

Sandra said...

OMG. Here I thought I had it good when I was at Ben & Jerry's yesterday. Those desserts are just...yum.