22 July 2010

President Obama's Swiss Connection

It appears that Obama may have a little Swiss in him.
Some in the small Swiss village of Ried bei Kerzers claim that Hans Gutknecht, who was born in the village in the late 1690s, is an ancestor of President Obama.  This would make him Obama's seventh great grandfather on his mother's side.

The Swiss, like most in Europe, are fond of Obama.  As for me, wellllll...he's better than Bush doing his thing.  I must admit I expected more am proud of him. 

I will say that it's stress-free not having to be apart of the US political climate, AT THE MOMENT!  The Republicans are BOLDLY showing their asses. And the Dems are punking out... But I digress.

I know things will get better.  But in the meantime, I think it's exciting to know that wherever I go, FABULOUS things happen Obama may have a little Swiss in him like me!

Read the article: "Obama's roots traced to Swiss villager"
http://swissinfo.ch/eng/swiss_news/Obama_s_roots_traced_to_swiss_villager.html?cid=15349746

9 comments:

Oneika said...

too hilarious!

La said...

No one wants to read your nasty lil'comments...lol.

KiKi said...

Just the truth ;)

Sandra said...

I love how every country is trying to claim him. I am just waiting for some genealogist in China to come out with "Obama's great-great grand daddy on his mother's side was Chinese." Just you wait. :)

I also think Obama is much, much better than Bush. Everyone expected the moon and stars when Obama got elected. He is not perfect, he is just trying to get through all the B.S. the Republicans throw at him. He has done a lot in 1.5 years.

KiKi said...

@Sandra-yes, every country wants a piece of Obama. Many in Europe hold him in high regards.
Of course, he is better than Bush. Who isn't? But there are certain things I, personally, wish he would handle differently.
Take care.

Anonymous said...

I love everything Pres. Obama strives to achieve. Ask not only what he can do for the country, but what united Americans can do to help clean up eight years of cancer infected cells that has caused great damage to this country. It's good to know that the world once again wants to claim Americans in a positive light. Oh! What a good feeling!

kiki said...

Yes, they do like Pres. Obama (in Europe). I use to travel Europe when Bush was President...might I say, I was a Canadian then.

Patricia Kayden said...

You are hilarious!!

P.S. Your photos of Switzerland are beautiful.

KiKi said...

@ Patricia
Thanks