01 June 2011

When Life Gets In The Way

Yes, it has been a while since my last post.  But a lot has been going on.

I decided to move closer to my job in Zurich; only to realize that I no longer wanted to work for my employer.  So I quit.  And I did this before applying for a new gig.  I eventually applied for a new teaching position and landed a job in two weeks.  In Switzerland, you are required to give 3 months notice when quitting.  Can you imagine working day in and day out for 3 months for an employer you no longer care about?

Although, I will be working with children, I was not required to have my background checked.  This was also the case for my last job.  I'm not sure if this is because I work for a private school or because I have previous experience working as a public school teacher in the US, but I must admit, as a future parent, this doesn't make me feel secure. 


I recently moved to a new city in a different canton (state).

Topfile titleI love my new apartment and city.  I am centrally located - 30 minutes by train to Zurich, Bern, and Luzern (my favorite Swiss city).  And I am near some of my favorite shops - Mango, Manor, and Casa.

The more and more things change, the more and more I continue to feel a part of Swiss culture.  I'm starting to look at things the way they are done in Switzerland.  My American layers are peeling away faster than I expected.

 

1 comment:

Viajera said...

Congrats on finding something else that suits you and on peeling those layers. I'm getting better at the peeling too. ;)