08 June 2011

Breakfast in Switzerland

I'm a fan of Swiss food, it's freshness, that is.  But compared to American food it can be quite boring.  When dining at a restaurant don't expect variety nor the little extras like unique sauces or special ingredients.  In my opinion, Swiss restaurants offer the same experience you can get in your own kitchen.  So when my husband and I decided to venture out in our new city and grab breakfast, I didn't expect much...as usual...unfortunately.

 Haupteingang = Main entrance to the old city

 Local shop / cafe.

Our breakfast. Four bread rolls, two cappuccino, one orange juice, and butter and honey which cost .70 CHF = .84 USD each.  Condiments are not free in Die Schweiz.  The total cost for breakfast 15.70 CHF = 18.77 USD.

Caio.

6 comments:

Viajera said...

Interesting. Your total for brekkie isa bout what you'd pay at the local cafe in Canada for the same meal. Actually, with orange juice, you could possibly pay more. Your pastries are prettier, though. ;)

paige said...

i loved the food while living in CH (Vevey & Montreux) and the water!!..something out of a dream my skin was always clear...and my hair was so soft...ahhhh

KiKi said...

@Paige. My face has never been so clear, even toned. But my hair is another matter...

Chic Noir said...

Carbs carbs carbs.

If you eat all those carbs, you'll become American sized.

let me guess, the average Swiss person is smaller than the average American person right?

KiKi said...

@ chic noir
Switzerland is one of the slimmest nations in the world.
As far as carbs, imagine just having a small pastry and coffee for breakfast. I am always starving by lunch time. They eat small portions. I will take an American breakfast over the typical Swiss one any day. What I wouldnt give for pancakes from Micky D's.

Chic Noir said...

kiki- OMG I love McDonald's pancakes. I think Aunt Jeminina buttermilk pancakes come pretty close but I doubt you can get those in Switerzerland.

They eat small portions
Yup, just like the French. Now when I try to explain eating less to some of my American friends, they don't buy it. They want some type of diet plan to lay it all out for them.
*shrugs shoulders*

anyway, I love your blog and enjoy reading about your tres fabulous life :)