25 September 2010

Solothurn - Swiss City

A few days ago, I went for a stroll through Solothurn.  A city located a few minutes from my home.  The old town was developed in the 1500s.  It's such a beautiful city with centuries-old structures and cobblestone streets.  But I must say, at night it can be pretty frightening.  There are old statues that appear to glare at everyone who walks by; there are dark, narrow streets and passageways; and there are sounds of creeping doors and heavy footsteps.  Added to this is that the old town is quite deserted at night.









Soon, I will continue my Deutsch language lessons in Solothurn which will require me to walk through the old town after dark.  I'm not too thrilled about that. 
If I'm brave enough to stop or slow down, I will snap a few photos as proof.

3 comments:

KiKi said...

definitely, more beautiful in person.

Unknown said...

It looks like it would be scary at night. pls take pictures.

Unknown said...

yes, lovely photos